Making a batch of Lavender Laundry Detergent

The ingredients are pictured. Throw them in a 5 gal bucket. (Grate the Fels-Naptha bar). Close the lid. Let kids roll it around for awhile.

Then I went to the garden and picked a huge handful of fresh lavender. I had the girls help me pick all the flowers and little leafs off. I put them threw the grinder also.

My 5 gal bucket has no lavender, just in case everyone hates my foo-foo girly smells. ( My men don't always like to smell like a spring garden, I personally don't see a problem with it.) :)

I found a beautiful jar for the laundry detergent, and filled it high.

When I do laundry, it takes 1 TBSP per load. A 5 gal bucket last us (family of 6) 4-6 months depending on time of year.

Winter= muddy = more laundry.
Spring= muddy= more laundry.
Summer= sunny= less laundry.
Fall= windy= less laundry.

Then I compliment the smell with the clothes line. So in the end, the laundry smells clean, lavender and sunshine.

It makes laundry feel so beautiful and clean.

Comments

Popular Posts