Cast Iron bread pan vs. Silicone bread pan

Carbs carbs carbs carbs carbs. How do I love thee let me count the ways......

I've got growing teenage boys in the house, growing teenage girls, little girls and chickens that love stale bread.

I have made 8-10 loafs of bread in the last 2 weeks. Given, bread and soup go hand and hand. And I've had sick family for the last 2 weeks.

So I've been making soup and bread like crazy.

This bread is An Amish recipe. A simple white sandwich bread.

The cast iron loaf is bigger, only because I added too much dough. It turned out fine and Baby Billy said to hand him the Peanut Butter jar and he'd be fine. :) There seems to be a few learning techniques with a cast iron bread pan that no one tells you. Like it should be headed in the oven on low for 20 minutes before you drop in the dough. And it should be greased. There is something so beautiful about a CAST IRON BREAD PAN. So, I don't find these steps burdensome. Just something I should remember.

The red silicone pan, seems to make beautifully browned crust on the bottom, Unlike the cast iron. However, because it's so forgiving, sometimes it looses shape. If you add too much dough, the sides will sit fat.
But, again, the dough is cooked equally and you end up with beautiful fat sided bread.

Both bread pans cook at 350. Both pans clean easily. Both pans create a nice sand which loaf.

Questions still in the air:
-Which bread pan cooks sweet bread better?
-Which bread cooks a loaded bread better? (Cheese, sausage, herbs)

With the way my family is putting this away, I think I'll get my answers. :)

Comments

Popular Posts